Please read carefully the following instructions and the meeting’s Code of conduct before beginning the registration process.
- Abstracts submission is separate from the registration proccess. Please read the Abstract submission section for further details.
- A proof of payment will be required on the registration form, so please, make sure to pay the fee before starting the registration process. Registration will not be completed until the form and proof of payment are received. See below for instructions of payment and information on registration fees
- Limited funds to support student participation are available for this conference. See below for instructions for applications. Please note that a support letter from the student’s supervisor (or equivalent) will be required.
- If you are so inclined to, please consider making a $10.000 or $20.000 donation to the student travel grant fund. This can be done by adding this amount to the registration fee payment or by making a separate deposit..
After registration is completed you will have the following rights at the conference:
Members, Non-members and Student categories will have access to all the scientific talks and poster sessions, plus the registration includes access to the Welcome reception, Conference dinner, and Coffee breaks.
until June 15, 2020*
until Oct. 5, 2020
until Nov. 27, 2020
All fees are listed in Chilean pesos (CLP).
*Deadline extended on May 29, 2020.
(1) Member fees: To qualify for the Member categories you must be a registered member of SOCHIAS, and the corresponding member’s dues must be paid until 2020 inclusive.
Deadline for SOCHIAS membership applications: October 1, 2020. After this date, SOCHIAS cannot guarantee that the membership will be processed in time for the meeting.
(2) Late registrations: The number of late registrations that will be accepted will be limited by the venue capacity. Late registrations will not be considered for financial aid. Please note that we may close late registrations at any moment.
(3) Student fees: Students that are not a member of SOCHIAS must send proof of enrollment (certificado de alumno regular) in a pdf file to reunion<.>sochias <@> gmail <.> com, to complete the registration process.
(4) The Companion category includes access to the welcome reception, conference dinner and access to public areas. This category does not allow to attend scientific events.
How to pay from Chile or the rest of the world
If you are paying with a Chilean or an international account, please pay directly to SOCHIAS using the information below:
Name: Sociedad Chilena de Astronomia
Bank: Santander Account: 3-32408-7 (Cuenta corriente)
Email: tesorero <@> sochias <.> cl
SWIFT Code: BSCHCLRM
When paying with an electronic bank transfer, you MUST INCLUDE in the comment section your name and the fees you are paying for (e.g. regular registration, companion, student travel fund donation, etc.).
If you need to cancel your registration, please send an email to reunion.sochias<@> gmail <.> com. Please note that refunds will depend on the date that the cancellation email is received. Dates, fees and refunds are as follows:
- Cancellations received until June 13, 2020 will be fully refunded. After this date cancellations will only receive a 50% refund.
- Cancellations received after November 17, 2020 will not be refunded.
Grants (Second Call)
Who can apply?
Limited funds to support student participation are available for this conference. Students in need of this kind of assistance to attend the meeting must indicate so in the GRANT FORM (link below). Priority will be given to graduate students offering to contribute talks (preferred) or posters. Recipients will be notified via email along with further details and corresponding paperwork.
The application deadline for this second call for applications is April 16, until noon (12:00pm, Chilean standard time).
How to apply?
Applicants must complete the grant application form before the specified due date. Successful applicants will be notified via e-mail.
A support letter from the student’s supervisor (or equivalent) will be required. This letter must include justification for the amount requested and explain why it can’t be covered with other funds, and it must be sent by the letter’s writer to email@example.com BEFORE the grant application deadline.