Please read carefully the following instructions and the meeting’s Code of conduct before beginning the registration process.
- Abstracts submission is separate from the registration proccess. Abstract submission has not opened yet, please read the ‘Abstract submission’ section for further details.
- If you are so inclined to, please consider making a $10.000 or $20.000 donation to the student travel grant fund. This can be done by adding this amount to the registration fee payment or by making a separate deposit.
- A proof of payment will be required on the registration form, so please, make sure to pay the fee before starting the registration process. Registration will not be completed until the form and proof of payment are received. See below for instructions of payment and information on registration fees.
Click here to access the registration form (link not active yet)
All fees are listed in Chilean pesos (CLP).
After registration is completed you will have the following rights at the conference:
Access to all the scientific talks and poster sessions (Valid for Members, Non-members and Student categories).
Welcome reception and coffee breaks (all categories).
until May 15, 2020
until Nov. 1, 2020
until Dec. 1, 2020
(1) Member fees: To qualify for the Member categories you must be a registered member of SOCHIAS, and the corresponding member’s dues must be paid until 2020 inclusive.
Deadline for SOCHIAS membership applications: October 1, 2020. After this date, SOCHIAS cannot guarantee that the membership will be processed in time for the meeting.
(2)The number of late registrations that will be accepted will be limited by the venue capacity. No talks can be proposed at this stage, only posters. Late registrations will not be considered for financial aid. Please note that we may close late registrations at any moment.
(3) Students that are not a member of SOCHIAS must send proof of enrollment (certificado de alumno regular) in a pdf file to reunion<.>sochias <@> gmail <.> com, to complete the registration process.
(4) The Companion category includes access to the welcome reception and coffee breaks during the conference.
Banquet fees for all will be sign up will be open until mm dd.
How to pay from Chile or the rest of the world
If you are paying with a Chilean or an international account, please pay directly to SOCHIAS using the information below:
Name: Sociedad Chilena de Astronomia
Bank: Santander Account: 3-32408-7
Email: tesorero <@> sochias <.> cl
When paying with an electronic bank transfer, you MUST INCLUDE in the comment section your name and the fees you are paying for (e.g. regular registration, companion, student travel fund donation, etc.).
Proof of payment will be required when registering.
If you need to cancel your registration, please send an email to reunion.sochias<@> gmail <.> com. Please note that refunds will depend on the date that the cancellation email is received. Dates, fees and refunds are as follows:
- Cancellations received until May 20, 2020 will be fully refunded.
- Cancellations received until October 25, 2020 will receive a full refund minus a $10.000 CLP processing fee.
- Cancellations received until November 30, 2020 will receive a 50% refund.
- Cancellations received after December 1, 2020 will not be refunded.
Who can apply?
Limited travel funds to support student participation are be available for this conference. Students in need of this kind of assistance to attend the meeting must indicate so in the GRANT FORM (link below). Priority will be given to graduate students offering to contribute talks (preferred) or posters. Recipients will be notified via email along with further details and corresponding paperwork.
The application deadline for the travel grant is January 21, 2020, until noon (12:00pm, Chilean standard time).
How to apply?
Applicants must complete the grant application form before the specified due date. Successful applicants will be notified via e-mail.
A support letter from the student’s supervisor (or equivalent) will be required. This letter must include justification for the amount requested and explain why it can’t be covered with other funds, and it must be sent by the letter writer to reunion.sochias <@> gmail <.> com before the grant application deadline.